Open A Trading Account
Become An HR Trader Member Today
Option and stock commissions*
Feature-rich web and mobile platform
Personal and knowledgeable client services team
What is included in my HR Trader membership?
- Unlimited, commission free option and stock trades, regardless of trade activity
- A state-of-the-art web platform and mobile app with real-time quotes, charts, a newsfeed and much more
- Margin financing starting at the broker call rate
- A Client Services team of responsive Series 7 registered professionals available to provide prompt assistance
About the Online Application
HR Trader’s electronic account application utilizes the technology of Docusign, a world leader in digital transaction management. With highly secure encryption standards and advanced digital functionality, you can be confident that your personal information is protected and that you can effortlessly and securely sign our online application.
You can open an individual, joint or entity account with HR Trader. Joint account types include Joint Tenants with Right of Survivorship, Tenants in Common, Tenants by the Entirety and Community Property. Entity account types include:
- C Corporation
- S Corporation
- Limited Liability Company
- Unincorporated Association
- Foreign Entity
- Trust Under Agreement – Revocable
- Trust Under Agreement – Irrevocable
- Trust Under Will
- Trust Estate Administrator
- Trust Estate Executor
- Estate Personal Representative
Individual retirement accounts are not accepted.
You will need to provide personal and financial information as well as a copy of your current driver’s license or passport.
The information helps us comply with various securities regulations and rules along with the USA Patriot Act, a Federal Law that requires all securities firms to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each applicant. Please note, if we cannot verify the information you provide, we may be required to restrict or deny your account. Certain types of accounts and optional features selected by you in this account application may require additional documentation.
You can trade US listed stocks, options and ETFs.
HR Trader offers members ultra-low margin financing rates. Typically reserved for institutional clients and high net worth investors, the broker call rate (as published in The Wall Street Journal) is being extended to all HR Trader margin accounts. For complete margin rate details, see our pricing page.
HR Trader Prime is available to customers with an account that meets one of the following requirements (as calculated at the end of each month):
- Executes 50 trades per month
- Maintains a daily average margin loan balance of $50,000
- Maintains a daily average free cash balance of $50,000
HR Trader Prime members do not have a monthly membership fee.
Accounts must be funded with a deposit in the amount of $30,000.
HR Trader d/b/a Vision Financial Markets LLC, is a self-clearing securities broker/dealer registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission. As a member of the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (“SIPC”), client assets are protected up to $500,000 (of which up to $250,000 may be for cash). This protection does not safeguard against a decline or loss in market value of the securities in your account.